USS Kirk FF1087

The official site of the USS Kirk FF1087 Association

Reunion 2013 Your input

Information regarding USS Kirk reunions

Moderators: USS Kirk Association Officers, Kirk Association VIPs

Reunion 2013 Your input

Postby Bon » 27 Dec 2012 19:43

Howdy mates:
I think it is imperative we get a reunion for 2013 going. Through facebook I have tabled the idea of a YokoYears theme reunion in Vegas for 2013 for various reasons. The basic reason for choosing Vegas is that Rick Fader, an 80's OS has a relative in the business working with reunion groups there, especially military. So I have axed guys to give me ideas on what time of year would be best. I am excited that I have gotten feedback, all over the board, but at least feedback. So there is interest. Keep the cards and letters coming.

That is not to say that Vegas is a done deal or the only venue in consideration. I coordinated the 2005 reunion in Orlando while living in North Carolina. While it is optimal to have the coordinator with boots on the ground at the venue, it can be done with good coordination, especially if there are other shipmates in the area.

My point, if you have another idea of where to do the next reunion then speak up. Let's make something happen and get all crews of the Kirk to a reunion that will bridge the gap between all crews of the Kirk. The one thing I have learned, after 5 reunions, is that recruiting your buds to attend makes a huge difference in your overall enjoyment. So gimme your ideas, thoughts, and be prepared to jump in with an effort to get your shipmates to the event.

All Kirk, All the Time
Jim "Bon" Bongaard
Plankowner, OS2
Founder USS Kirk Association
Past President USS Kirk Association
10825 Middle Acres RD, Charlotte, NC 28213
Bon
Association VIP
Association VIP

Return to Reunion Information