USS Kirk FF1087

The official site of the USS Kirk FF1087 Association

Saving your Kirk momentos

Forum for general topics.. talk about whatever floats yer boat.

Moderator: USS Kirk Association Officers

Saving your Kirk momentos

Postby Bon » 15 Jul 2012 19:26

Since our inception of the having a Kirk website and eventually an Association, I have heard many a story from Kirk mates who have rued the fact that they lost all their momentos from various trageties. Fire, flood, and most notably divorce. All too often those precious items ended up on the curb awaiting the local landfill.

Based on that I would like to encourage each of you to find a way to preserve those items that are dear to you/us. Those items should be shared and cherished amongst the crew. If you have photos have them digitized, if you have a uniform make sure it is preserved, whatever you have make sure it is secure. But most of all make sure it does not get tossed. Since we have an Association and a Historian you can send it to us for preservation, or you can allocate those items to be sent to us in your will.

If you have any questions on how to send us your stuff, do not hesitate to contact me. Since our inception I have handled many a cruisebook and photo alblums for digitation, I consider them gold and handle them accordingly, mostly at my expense. I will either return them or make sure they are put into our Historians hands for posterity.

Jim "Bon" Bongaard
Founder USS Kirk Association
Plankowner, OS2 1972-1972
Bon
Association VIP
Association VIP

Return to The Messdecks